Monday, August 17, 2009

The nightly pick-up

Every night ends with the same routine - the pick-up. Picking up the house is just part of the day with kids. You are never done and typically while you are picking up one thing your children are messing up another. That's why I do the major pick-up at night. I've let go of the anger - I now try and get through it quickly and efficiently and enjoy the peace of a picked up house when it's done :) - I know, so zen. It's amazing what I find while picking up at night. Tonight I found an undressed doll, a Christmas scene electronic toy, toy cars, parts of books, fruit snack wrappers, a make-up brush I've been looking for, really big knitting needles, a legless Sleeping Beauty, a toothbrush and unfortunately - a toilet brush. The sad part - I have no idea when the toilet brush was brought out to the porch - no idea whatsoever. Thank God they're so stinkin' cute - I don't care about the mess!

No comments: