Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An experiment in TV


Well - let's just say we've been having "issues" with Bridget's potty training. She was rockin' it for a couple months and then the last 3 days have been awful. So I decided to hit her where it hurts (just a saying of course) and I took away the TV all day today. If she didn't have an accident all day I would let her watch one show tomorrow morning. Now, I honestly didn't feel like she watched TV that much. But after today I may never turn the thing back on. She was a total delight. Actually PLAYED with her sister and was engaging all day. She danced in the car, sang during her rest time while reading a book and helped me make muffins. I'm so NOT against TV and after a 30 minute errand-running car ride with 5 MILLION "why's" I almost gave in. "Why did that car stop, why is the light red, why did we stop, why are we moving, why are we turning" - all in a matter of 3 minutes. WHOA!!! But - I have to say, there was a noticeable difference with Bridget today. I'm not banning TV for life - but I am REALLY curbing it!!! And she did not have an accident today - way to go Bridget!

No comments: